Please see a message from the EDFL in regard to the 2020 Season and where it stands as of today;
After a meeting with Metro CEO’S yesterday and discussions on the current situation of covid-19 our stance is still that we want to start a season as soon as we are able to fitting in with Government and Health Regulations that are in place. The EDFL continue to Consider Financial implications with all considerations for commencing a season.
We are hopeful that on May 11th the Victorian Premier may announce some easing in restrictions. If this is the case and Community football is able to take place given some easing in restrictions we will look at playing a 9 game season where all teams in the Men’s and Women’s divisions would play each other once. The Junior season would involve teams playing as many games as could be scheduled in the given time and considering ground availability.
The EDFL staff are currently working backwards from Grand Final dates to determine starting dates. At present we are working through 4 different scenarios. These will be influenced by ground availability and the prospect of Cricket giving up some of October. No final decision will be made until after May 11.
The Metro CEO’S will meet again on May 12 to consider options.
We ask for your patience as we continue to attempt to achieve the best result for all clubs and the EDFL.