The Keilor Football Club is delighted to welcome back local football in 2021, with our annual blockbuster against Strathmore on Good Friday, 2nd April 2021.
Check out all the matchday information below, as we look to answer many of your questions in the one place!
Under 18.5 – 10am
Reserves – 11:50am
Unfurling of 2019 Senior Premiership Flag – 2:10pm*
Seniors – 2:15pm
The Keilor Football Club is committed to keeping our community safe. Please see some aspects below that may effect your game day experience;
– There will be QR Codes setup right around the ground, and entrances into the facility. We strongly encourage every person who enters over the age of 16, to register their visit and details.
– Change rooms are strictly for Players & Team Officials throughout the day, there are no supporters allowed in the change room areas.
– The social club will have a strict capacity limits due to the square meter rule. Please understand that we will be monitoring this and we appreciate your understanding.
Facilities & Amenities
Food & Beverage Tents – Setup around the ground, including the far (Village) end of the facility (Cash Only).
Portable Toilets – Also setup around the ground, in particular the far (Village) end of the facility.
Sports Club – The Keilor Sports Club will be open for business, along with the bar and canteen facilities. We will be accepting both cash & card within the sports club.
Car Parking – The car park within the sports ground is likely to be filled quite early on in the day. We encourage those attending to get in early, or think of alternative arrangements before arriving such as car-pooling.
Unfurling the 2019 Senior Premiership Flag
The Keilor Football Club is delighted to be unfurling our 2019 Premiership Flag in front of a capacity crowd at Joe Brown Oval.
In late 2020, the Keilor Football Club lost an incredibly valued Life Member, Paul Gluschenko, who was also in recent years, ‘the stats man’ for the Senior Men’s side. His dedication and commitment for his role was absolutely second to none, and with his precision and hard work, a job that genuinely cannot be replicated.
To unfurl this flag, one of which Paul was richly part of, the honour of raising it on at our ground for the first time to the public will go to the Gluschenko family.
Can’t make the game?
If you can’t make the games at Joe Brown Oval, there are several ways you can stay involved.
– We will have the quarter time scores of each game across the day on our TWITTER feed.
– Don’t have twitter? You can view the quarter by quarter scores of every game, on our Team App feed (just select the team you wish to view)
– The EDFL & North West FM will be broadcasting the Senior Men’s match from 2pm on radio, you can listen on 98.9 North West FM radio.
– Our Social Media pages will also keep you updated throughout the day and going forward, give them a follow;
Good Friday Appeal
There will be collection tins roaming around the ground on Good Friday to support the Royal Children’s Good Friday Appeal 2021.
The Tobin/Horne Medal will be awarded to the player judged best afield by selected persons’ for the Men’s Senior Match on Good Friday. This medal was first introduced in 2019, to commemorate the spirit of Good Friday in recent year ‘Give that they may play’. The medal was named after a club person from Keilor & Strathmore with demonstrated these attributes, among incredible dedication and loyalty to their clubs.
Marita Tobin from Keilor, Michael Horne from Strathmore.